Sunday, September 11, 2011

Monster talk

Hey

While coding monsters I also took time to finish my language code for the npcs. Different races use different languages obviously so now the game support that too. Player starts with skill of his racial language and may learn more languages during his/her adventure in game.

Basically the system works so that player has a language skill, for example 'elvenish', and player learns better with that skill by using it or learning it from scrolls and such. Skill meter is from 0 to 100, so at 100 skill player can read everything without mistakes but at 50 its gonna take few and few more times of talking before player can understand what npc is trying to say.

I'll post some screenshots once I tweak my message system a bit more.. found a bug just now.. sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment