Saturday, September 24, 2011

GameDirector

Howdy,

I just finished adding the main features to GameDirector. GameDirector is now in charge of saving and loading the game but also keeping track of what goes on in the different Acts. Acts are the all the different scenarios the player can encounter, basically Act class holds all the information that is needed to reconstruct a scenario player has visited or is going to visit.

When new game is launched all the predefined scenarios ( those that hold important main storyline events, mostly handcrafted map and special NPCs ) are created as Acts and stored into GameDirectors masterlist. Also places which are randomly generated are stored into masterlist but they are not saved by GameDirector unless player is within one at the time of saving.

Now I can finally turn my eye on content side. I  am planing to add one random act, one guild and one more special storyline act before I make my first release. I could release it now as a techdemo but for some reason I don't think that serves really anyone. It is better to release something at least a bit playable.

No comments:

Post a Comment