Thursday, October 6, 2011

Abilities

Hey

As I worked on monster AI I noticed it's quite closely tied to combat and other abilities. That said I figured it's time to start working on abilities( skills and spells ). I changed movement of monsters and player to use skill.

Movement skill is a passive skill which takes different amount of action points to perform. The reason why I changed it was that as a skill I am able to modify it more easily via items, spells and that sort of things. I already made a algorithm which takes few of the stats in account when defining how fast( how many actionpoints movement takes ) creature is. It is not much but creature with 50 agility/constitution vs 10 agility/constitution is more nimble and thus requires less effort in moving around.

Also basic attack( moving towards hostile npc ) is considered as skill. Effect of the attack is defined by what creature is wielding or if it's not wielding anything it checks if it has martial arts trained. Also procent of what the skill is trained up to defines how well creature performs that skill.

I am still in process of adding Effect class into ability class. When that is done Player is able to cast fireblast at enemy and couse aftermath effect which ticks some hps during next few turns. Or spider can use bite skill on player and couse player to get poisoned.


No comments:

Post a Comment